Thursday, June 26, 2008

Crazy for oyster shells!


On consignment at Ballast Point, Kingsland, GA

Blue oyster shell mirror hanging over our bed


Here it is in the master bath, I move things around alot!





A few years ago my husband said, "what about doing a mirror with oyster shells from the beach"? And I was like, huh? Ok, so the first mirror we used blue/black shells, then white/tan shells, all gathered from the beach here. The boys really get into collecting them, and we all make a day of it. I am working on one now using super white oyster shells, can't wait to show you!




1 comment:

buenagirl said...

Hi Cathy. The Linkydink worked! The mirrors and boxes look fabulous, by the way. Maybe we can talk about me getting one for my house. Also, I want to send you some pix of what I've done since you were here (as soon as I get around to taking them). Love you, Liz